Saturday 7 April 2018

It takes a village (10 things about me) #blurtselfcareaton Day One

As the saying goes 'it takes a village' but what happens when that village is just not there?

We are all living busy and complicated lives and while the majority of us have friends and family we can reach out to. They are living busy and complicated lives too so what happens when your village is 'busy'?

In the absence of 'village' help I've been realising more and more recently how important self-care is. Inspired by The Blurt Foundation's (find them on twitter here) Self Care-athon, I thought I would join in with a blog a day!



Day One: 10 Things About Me
1. My worst habit is procrastination. Something I am really trying to tackle this year!

2. I had singing lessons and studied Musical Theatre from the ages of 11-20; and I miss it so much! Although these skills do come in useful when asked to sing a Disney song by my girls a hundred times a day. 

3. I am a potter head! Meaning I love Harry Potter. Check out my previous blog post, where I completed the Harry Potter challenge. I even have a massive collection of Harry Potter memorabilia in my parents loft, one day when I have a mansion hopefully I'll have somewhere to display it. 

4. I have two beautiful little girls, who are definitely by biggest achievements to date. 

5. I love to write stories and one day I hope to be a published author. 

6. I'm also studying for my English degree and work as a tutor. 

7. I love period dramas and get serious wardrobe envy. Reign and The Tudors are my absolute favourites!

8. I am far too trusting of people.

9. I can never say no to people and always have way too much on my plate. You know what they say if you want something done ask a busy person to do it!

10. Christmas is my favourite time of year. I love the whole holiday; the lead-up, the busyness, the shopping, wrapping, decorating, cooking, Christmas films. 

Please check out the blurt foundation and the amazing work they do!
Vicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment