Wednesday 11 April 2018

Obstacles #blurtselfcareathon Day Two


Blog Day 2 - Obstacles
What do you consider obstacles and how do you get over them?

My biggest obstacle I have to overcome is procrastination! 



With work, being a mum and studying for my degree I have so much to do I really can't afford to procrastinate, so I am trying to proactively! I've realised that most of my procrastination is related to social media; I seem to scroll for no particular reason, so I've started removing my phone when I have things I need to get done and will limit myself to 5/10 minutes as a reward for hard work. 

Here's my top tips I've found to over obstacles!

  • Identify what your obstacle is... whether that is procrastination like me, confidence or lack of time. Knowing your problem is half the battle.
  • Make a plan... pick 3 things that you can do to combat your problem.
  • Tell someone! It doesn't have to be in person, you can post on social media if that makes you feel better but once you put it out there you're accountable for your goal!
  • Reward yourself! It's not going to happen overnight but reward yourself when you've achieved a few baby steps! It's more likely to keep you motivated! 
Sorry this post is a few days late! I was probably busy procrastinating! 

Vicky 



No comments:

Post a Comment