Sunday 11 February 2018

Looking for the good...

Post from this time last year...
I like to think of myself as a pretty positive person. If something is going wrong I always try to look for a positive outcome but sometimes if you’re having a really crappy day it can feel like an impossible task.

Last week was half term for my eldest so with a whole week free I decided to tackle a trip I have been dreading, taking a 3 year old & 1 year old on the train to London on my own. Now don’t get me wrong I love London in fact pre-kids I would have been up there every other week just for fun but now the thought of attempting it with the two of them just filled me with dread.
So armed with a rucksack, kids bag, C in the buggy and H clinging to my hand we set off. Now to be fair I know C2C have got a lot of flack for upgrading their trains and taking away quite a lot of seats, but wow there was so much space! Plenty of room for us to sit and have the buggy with us in the designated area but also quick and easy to get on and off. Great start!
Now this is where it gets interesting. Granted the underground is predominantly underground (as you would expect) it is not buggy friendly at all. A quick look at the tube map just sums up how little stations are actually equipped with lifts! So I was faced with the fun task of either carrying baby in one arm and buggy in the other whilst trying to supervise H (my three year old) on the mammoth steps or bumping the buggy down the stairs (praying she didn’t get whiplash) and again trying to make sure H didn’t fall and break her neck.
Standing at Tower Hill realising my day was going to be more like a body builders workout, I needn’t have worried a kind guy immediately asked if he could help with the buggy. This was not a one-off, I was on and off the underground all day and not once was I left to tackle the stairs on my own. I never had to ask anyone for help; every single time someone offered within seconds of seeing me struggling. I had a young girl holding H’s hand down some slippery stairs to make sure she didn’t fall, people offering her a seat on a busy tube so she didn’t fall over whilst it was moving and people making sure I could get both the buggy and her off safely.
Anyway the point to this long story is in this world it can be so easy to overlook the small acts of good people do but those small things can mean the world. All those people that took a minute out of their day probably didn’t even give it a second thought but to me it meant the world and made such a difference to my day!
We had a fantastic day and the girl’s got to spend some quality time with their godmother. In this hard world when you feel down always look for the good. Always look for the people helping and if there is none maybe that person can be you? It can make all the difference.
V xx

No comments:

Post a Comment